5 Reasons Why You Should Exfoliate Your Face
You only get one face in this lifetime, which is why you should treat it with tender love and care. Your skin is a delicate organ, tasked with protecting the entirety of your body. We all wash our face with a facial cleanser everyday, but we also need to exfoliate it from time to time. That's why we want to look at the importance of exfoliating.
So what is exfoliating?
Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skill cells from the surface of your skin. It can involve using exfoliation tools, granular substances, or even chemical exfoliators.
Since your skin naturally sheds dead skin cells to make room for new skin cells underneath, every 30-days or so, your facial skin can use some assistance in getting those dead skin cells off of the surface as efficiently as possible. If not, dry, flaky patches and clogged pores can create acne, discoloration, itchiness, and dry skin. Yuck!
Here are 5 reasons why you should exfoliate:
- Nicer Skin Textures: When there are piles of dead skin cells on your face, it can create the appearance of uneven skin textures and red blotches. As you exfoliate the face, these cells will be removed to expose the smooth, healthy skin beneath the surface that is even and level. It will be a noticeably younger-looking presentation.
- Smaller Pores: We all hate the presentation of massive, open pores on our faces. As dirt and oil build up on the skin, they can become trapped inside the pores – so far down, in fact, that you can’t see it. The more congested the pores become, the larger they will appear on the surface. By regularly exfoliating, you can unclog pores and provide deep cleaning that will help them shrink back down in size.
- Goodbye Red Spots and Pimples: There is a massive billion-dollar industry surrounding acne today. We all suffer from it and we all want to do what we can to prevent red spots. When oil builds up in your pores, it can clog the pore and create a blemish, blackhead, or pimple. When you exfoliate, you can remove build up and workout the red blotches that are making you look like a teenager again.
- Younger-Looking Skin: We all want to fight aging, right? As we age, your skin’s natural ability to exfoliate slows down. As this happens, the skin becomes less elastic and drier. This is a precursor to dry skin and wrinkles. As you exfoliate, you can aid your skin in its youthful suppleness.
- Better Skin Routine: Skin products can add up in cost, which is why you want to make sure they are working to their fullest extent. By exfoliating and exposing new, healthy cells, your serums, lotions, etc. will be more efficiently absorbed by your skin.
We all want to look our youthful best, which is why you should exfoliate on a weekly basis. Aim for 1-3 times per week, depending on the products you use and your sensitivity level. Regular exfoliation is absolutely essential to maintaining smooth skin while aiding your skin in its natural cleansing process.
We have a variety of exfoliators to choose from, check out our selection today.